Thursday 11 March 2010

Warmaster night

Just had a great game this evening.
Played 2k of my newly painted chaos against 2k of dark elves.
My mate always takes the 2 hydras and does very well with them, so I decided to counter by taking no knights and 2 units of dragon ogres, fronted by spawn in 2 seperate brigades.
This worked perfectly with the first hydra being driven off by the spawn only to be mowed down by a chariot unit.
The second one came unstuck after the dragon ogres charged into the flank of some cold ones and over running the general, who attached to the nearby hydra (can you see what is coming). These were destroyed on the first turn. So the unscathed dragon ogres advanced into the hydra, killed it in the second round of combat along with the Dark Elves effeminate leader :) game over, turn 2.

Next week I am thinking of taking a similar build against whatever my mate chooses to field.

No comments:

Post a Comment