Thursday 25 March 2010

Thursday games night

Well, decided to take the chaos again after their last outing was a roaring success.
Kept with almost the same list but took out some cav and replaced with chariots and harpies.
Facing empire this time so I was expecting loads of artillery but funnily enough I completely forgot about the knights... DOH!

A couple of turns of commands saw his first brigade of knights smash into my right flank and decimate it along with the artillery ripping apart my hounds :(

But then luck swung my way, my infantry block smashed into his artillery in the middle of the table and a brigade of chariots and dogs engaged 3 units of knights :)
Then both my sorcerors manage to get off rage of chaos, the first was dispelled with a scroll but the second added a whopping 14 attacks to the hounds :)

The infantry chewed through 2 units of cannon and a helblaster before give 2 units of halberdiers a bit of chaos love. It helped that I had dropped 2 units of harpies 1 cm behind all 5 units ;)

Then over to the cavalry engagement here is wher luck left me again.
My chariots and dogs weren't as effective as I had hoped and after a few rounds had driven off my chariots and dogs. This left them dangerously close to my general who attached to a unit of dragon ogres who had a spawn and a unit of dogs with them.
His remaining 6 knights (1,2 and a full unit) plowed into their flank and whilst the 2 part units fell along with 2 knights from the full unit, the dogs got slaughtered and the dragon ogres where steadily whittled away meaning I had lost thanks to the general dying.

Exactly the same as last game but the roles reversed :)
Still a great game as always though.

Next week looks like we may be starting BKC and I am also keen to have a look at FWC as I have a massive epic eldar army in the garage just begging to do some hurt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment