Thursday 11 March 2010

Hello

This is my first post of many I hope.
I am going to use this blog to document my activities within my hobbies along with some of the 'fun' that goes in during my working day.

So what are my hobbies?

I have loved robots since before I can remember, so when lego released the original mindstorms set I purchased everything I could get my hands on.
I also indulged in the making of new homebrew sensors and even though I am a clutz with a soldering iron managed to make some interesting units.
I then bought every lego robot ever made (cybermaster, spybotics, scout, microscout and NXT) and have a couple of the sensors made by the great hitechnics.

In regards gaming, I love boardgames of all sorts from monopoly all the way through to Arkham Horror. I try to get a boardgame session in once a week.
This week we purchased star wars guess who? (Yes another obsession).
We cannot stop playing this game it is great and is actually a very good challenge when played how we do.
That and my daughter seems to be the chosen one as she can guess what my character is after a couple of questions :(

As for wargaming my first love is Warmaster, I have massive collections for all the official armies apart from araby, brettonian and kislev. As well as a number of the unofficial ones.
I will post some pics later.
Currently I am involved in painting a 3000 point beastman army which I am about a third of the way through.
As for actual gaming I play against my mate every week, but opponents are very few and far between, which is a shame as it is THE best ruleset GW ever released.
We are looking to move towards BKC this year as well.

So that's me.
I am hoping to do an overview of the sensors I have made and how they now integrate with the new NXT along with some of my building projects.
I will post an update of my gaming exploits, may even do some bat reps.

So that is it.
Look forward to comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment