Saturday 17 April 2010

Triples visit - the horrors of living with uber-geeks.

Been to triples today, first time in three years :)
I love the triples as it is 5 minutes from where I live so I can nip in and out all weekend :)

Turns out an old mate of mine helps sort it out so it was good to catch up with him.

Also managed to blow the best part of 200 quid on a full WW2 British force, bases and paints, the FWC rulebook.

But the biggest problem I have with wargame events like this is that unlike a lot of gamers I live in a family of uber-geeks!
Yes the wife loves the hobby and serious boardgames, as do the 2 daughters.
But what always costs me a fortune is their obsession with dice!
Dad can we have a bag of dice?, can we have that lovely chest to store our dice in?
It goes on and on.

Then, whilst most hobbyists hide what they buy from their spouses, I have to drag mine away from stalls as she attempts to barter down the man to let us have dungeon lords at 25% discount. :)

One retailer was most shocked when he quipped to her 'bet you didn't think he meant this kind of shopping?' with a smug grin only for my wife to retort with her usual acerbic wit ;) bet he didn't expect that :) but it is better than her beating his head in with a bag full of dice which has been known to happen when muppets patronise her :)

The medieval reenactment was very tame.
I think they train up at Bradfield where we go for our beer.
So after watching them for 20 minutes and nearly getting chucked out, we were about to leave but tht archery started.
Now I know these people do this out of the goodness of their hearts but for F**K sake at least have a bit of a practice!!!
Most of these people could not hit the side of a barn door let alone a target.
The eldest insisted she could do better and I do not doubt it.
So we left for a BBQ in the glorious weather having to drag the kids away from the show kicking and screaming.

Now should I go tomorrow?
Wallet could probably do with a rest ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment